Twitter has a #mudarmy - and I think we will give it a go in the coming weeks. Students and future friends will be a part of the groups that are affected. I would love to assist in some way; and have the children work with me - so we will be keeping an eye on this feed.
Over the last few weeks there have again been many learning opportunities. One this week past was in regards to Morgan's health and his diabetes. He had a massive low; and with all the distractions around us at present - I did not even think to give him the hypo needle. My husband walked past his bedroom and heard him moaning. Anyway, I called the ambulance and they also attended. He was coming to when they arrived four minutes later. Very scary indeed.
Our hospital visit was informative and insightful. There is a lot of research going into this chronic illness and I have faith that Morgan's lifetime will see a cure. I was so proud of Morgan's sister (Josie) who contributed to the research efforts - there were other children doing the same. Her blood will be tested for antibodies to see if she is susceptible to Diabetes Type I. If she is, the choice to participate in the research will be entirely hers. The head of the research is a resident Dr at the hospital and Morgan will most likely have him on his team of health professionals when an adult.
Pump therapy is wonderful; however needs careful monitoring. Emails to educators, downloading data and analysis of this is now a part of our weekly routine. It is amazing - the technology; and using it is wonderful. I am hoping that this will assist us in management.
School shoe purchasing was another adventure - thank you to my husband for taking the journey. Morgan wanted special pointy shoes; but ended up with the normal school lace ups. A pair of new sandshoes completed the purchase. Retail are doing it tough - four pairs (one ended up being free) from the shoe store. This was unheard of a few years ago.
Today is a big day - an orientation at the new school. It is still a little rainy so the weather won't be pleasant - however kids hardly notice that. The new school will be wonderful; and I wish Morgan a wonderful day. He is going in completely cold (on our interview there was no tour) and he has only driven into the driveway for this purpose; a visit to the Uniform shop (courtesy of hubby again) and to collect his laptop computer. The essentials I guess. Now it will be up to him. We had dinner with friends whose boys attend the same school. All schools have their concerns and this is no exception. Being a part of the music program, a little sport, his studies and his mission work should keep things busy enough for no distractions. I do not want to have my head in the clouds; but provide opportunity and support if ever needed. The friends gave my husband and I some wonderful advice, company and friendship - which I will value and treasure.
A birthday celebration was had by three of the family members, including Morgan. He has grown into a wonderful young man. His visit to his father brought back more stuff; and there were disagreements on where to place it. I am pleased that I do not fall for the retail therapy and buy buy buy. I am hoping that the children see this for what it is.
The time passed from 15 January to now - a little calculation: (I am still posting at 5am each morning).
1440 minutes per day for 14 days = 20,160.
best moment: Morgan having breakfast (a bowl of cereal) with his baby sister
song of the day: Gangham Style (dancing and singing this song with baby sister)
aha moment: Always keep plugged in to the health needs re Diabetes (all of us)
teaching time: Shoes - may look good but not for every occasion (purchasing of school shoes)
song of the day: Gangham Style (dancing and singing this song with baby sister)
aha moment: Always keep plugged in to the health needs re Diabetes (all of us)
teaching time: Shoes - may look good but not for every occasion (purchasing of school shoes)
2,077,920 - 20,160 = 2,057,760.
No comments:
Post a Comment