Tuesday, 8 January 2013

8 January 2013

9 January 2013

Yesterday was a relaxed day - downtime will be important when school starts is the lesson learned.  I learned that it is difficult to have a life with teenage children - especially when you want to catch up with friends for short periods of time. The children are a little too young to leave at home on their own; and too old to have a babysitter.  Family are close as mentioned in the first post; however it is a little too soon to ask for the favours.

Christmas this past year did not bring many presents under the tree - we were busy moving.  Instead, a beautiful card and $ were provided for times that came up yesterday.  It is interesting to see how the $ are managed manually.  "Mum, I think I will take $75 with me - do you think that will be enough for shoes?"  My response - "well, you will have to live that moment to find out - we shall wait and see."

I was dropped off at the airport to see my friend in transit with her beautiful bubby - and I had a wonderful hour or so.  The children (and hubby) were off to see DFO (Direct Factory Outlet) to score some purchases.  I have told both the teenagers that I will not be supporting your love for labels - that can be funded with your birthday/Christmas monies.  Since Daddy provided the television (see second post) there will be more cash to splash on these occasions.  I did say that there will be other opportunities so do not purge all your money today!

There are a few rules.  Morgan has a smartphone and can be contacted.  His sister is to be with him at all times (so no-one ditches the other).  They are to shop together.  Both are patient with each other and learn about each other's taste and style.  Purchases in the car after I was collected were three pairs of sunglasses (Morgan chose a tortiseshell design??) and two pairs of shoes - one Converse - and "only $50 Mum" and the other were a pair purchased by Sister.

After shopping, it is downtime.  Relaxing, unpacking purchases and finding a space for them.  The baby is trialling childcare before the onslaught of school life - and lasted the day today!  Very proud we all were!  Morgan came with me to collect and he found it also interesting to see his little sister engage in another world.  Helping others with their waterbottles.  A beautiful sight.

We also collected his new piece of technology for school - a MacBook Pro.  How exciting and now he is set.  Although I have no wireless or Wi-Fi connections where the children can tap into at any time; he is enjoying exploring the options that the devise has to offer.  Rules of course will need to be established (I read some on facebook a few days ago - link here).  I did a similar thing with Morgan last year when I gave him his smartphone - but shortened it to five sentences.  When I find the piece of paper with the dot points; i will post!

best moment:  a few; hearing "thank you Mum" a few times (after shopping, after picking up MacBook Pro and after dinner - Paella.)
song of the day:  Wonky Donkey - a little sister tune
aha moment:  Sales are always on at DFO and this is the place we will go to shop for clothes
teaching time:  Learning that the new school is massive - "Mum, how am I going to get from the Oval to the classroom?"  My response - "you are not alone; many boys have done that journey and lived through those moments.  Enjoy!"

2,088,000 - 1440 = 2,086,560.

No comments:

Post a Comment